Sunday, May 10, 2015

Couple weeks in the books

Last week I did the Store on Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday was a bringer show, so they are the by far the easiest, best crowds to perform for. They were actually ahead of time, as there wasn't as many comics and they were doing shorter sets. I was able to do a 5 minute pop in spot. I mean this crowd was almost too easy. Every joke got a huge applause break and it almost through off the timing/ flow of my set. Had people come up after saying I was the best and I did 25 minutes less than the headliner. Thursday was the Store again. Crowd not nearly as hot. There was maybe 15 or so people. I went up 3rd or so after 2 not the best openers. I felt by the end I opened the crowd up and had a decent set. Friday I was co headlining Winston's. I've been putting myself on once a month for a couple reasons. One, if people are not people me on their shows, why would I give the money and 15 minutes on my show. Second, I was enjoying comedy so why not do more time. Lastly, if I think they won't bring anybody there's no sense booking them. My set went well. I planned to do new jokes, but I opened so strong I just wanted to have a solid 15 minute set. I believe I did so. This week was slow. I did the Store on Wednesday. Once again a pretty small crowd. But they were supportive. I had trouble reaching the energy and big laughs from the middle of my set and didn't end as strong as I would have hoped but oh well. The comic after me tours and is on last comic standing and she did much worse than me which is always a nice feeling I suppose. Friday I did Winston's and it was rough. There was a good amount of people, but I just didn't have a good set. Maybe my energy was off or something. The comic after me did bring a good amount of the crowd and they were a lil chatty and anxious to see him. I just didn't do well, even though a couple gals said I did. Who knows. Sadly my love for comedy that I had a few weeks back has dwindled. I haven't been writing or performing as much. Sucks. I know I have to work some evenings in the next couple weeks so maybe after that I will be able to bounce back. Who knows. At this point I don't know if I'll ever move to NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment