Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week in review

Wednesday and Thursday was the Store. Wednesday was a fun set, don't remember anything really specific. I riffed off what the comic before we said, but that's all I really remember. Thursday was a late night set. I hadn't gone up that late in a little while. There was a few pop ins and I ended up going up 40 minutes after I was scheduled. The comic before me did around 20 minutes and did this long closing bit mixing singers and their lyrics. It's really old and been on tv. It interesting when I asked if there was any single women, there was a good response. Normally, earlier in the night I got nothing. I think it has to do with the people not really knowing what heckling means. But as they get a little drunker they feel they can be more apart of the show. Friday was Winston's. We had a co headliner from L.A. that I worked out with a dude for him to pay her. I hate these shows as I don't feel in control. She was supposed to do 20 and when I asked when she wanted the light, she said 25. Oh ok. She was pretty high energy and funny. She couldn't get much momentum, and actually got off the stage. It's a bar show, and it's tough. My set was ok. I butchered the comic's name I brought up next. I felt bad but she clearly was annoyed. Oh well. I had a friend in town that hadn't seen me so I decided to do jokes I knew worked, but it was still meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment