Sunday, May 24, 2015

Few more weeks, not many shows

Still not many shows, performing, or writing. Last Wednesday I did the Store. Once again it was really slow, but I felt I did really well with what I had to work with. I did some self deprecating things that worked. I was working, and felt after the show I'd get a few people say they enjoyed my set, but no such luck. Friday was Winston's. I didn't feel great about my set. The entire crowd knew each other and weren't really a fan of me. I couldn't really gain any traction. Oh well. This past week I have been working nights, as I will next week. I was supposed to do the Store on Thursday but called out. I just didn't feel like going in, and just wanted to hang at my apartment with a lady. Friday was Winston's. It was our reunion show from the mini tour we did last summer. I put my self up first out of the 4 as I knew I wouldn't have anyone there for me. My set was weird. They weren't a typical Winston's crowd. I may have been too dirty, but I just couldn't connect with them. It was pretty annoying. Saturday I did a charity show at 5 PM that I was asked to headline. I still am thrilled to be asked to do longer sets. The crowd was somewhat small and spread out. It's always weird performing when it is still light out. There was a drunk lady that had been somewhat of an issue throughout the show. She was basically yelling with her back turned when I started. Luckily she left. The manager for whatever reason sat a group of six that were there for the 730 show but wanted to eat dinner beforehand. They were talking and going over the menu. I can't really be mad at them as they weren't expecting the show, but the manager should never have sat them in there. Also, there was a man in the middle of the crowd asleep. ASLEEP!! At 6 PM. Comedy's great. Anyways I did a lot of riffing, and a few jokes. I did around 25 minutes. I was very happy with it. It's always nice to do a good amount of time, in an environment where all signs point to failure, and I can turn it into something pretty good. I wish I would have recorded it.

No comments:

Post a Comment